CK Golf Solutions Ltd. Blog
The Color of Marketing
What color is your product?
Did you know that 84.7% of consumers cite color as the primary reason they buy a particular product? Neither did we until we read an Infographic created by WebPage FX and posted by Owen Clark last week. Since golf courses are pretty much all green we cannot change the color or the packaging of most of our clients’ products but it was interesting to read that from a marketing standpoint green represents relaxation, wealth and even fertility (good grass is fertile).
- Green – relaxation, wealth, fertility, (green M&M’s are said to send a sexual message)
- Red – appetite, urgency, increases heart rate, used for impulsive shoppers
- Yellow – optimism, youthfulness, clarity, used to grab attention of window shopper
- Blue – productive, corporate, trust, security
- Orange – friendly, cheerful, confident, aggressive, used for impulsive shoppers
- Purple – soothing, calm, beauty, creativity
Does the color or your logo represent your brand? Our CK Golf Solutions logo is purple, blue and burgundy (red) so we are happy that the psychology of our colours means productive, secure, trustworthy, calm and creative and also a bit urgent.
- McDonalds – Red and Yellow
- Ikea – Yellow and Blue
- Pepsi – Red, White and Blue
- Ford – Blue and White
- American Express – Blue and White
- Hooters – Orange
- John Deere – Green and Yellow
- Yahoo – Purple
- Hallmark – Purple
Jeff & Tara Ciecko of CK Golf Solutions write two blogs on their website, one is their 19th Hole Blog where they share personal experiences and the Biz Blog where they share business best practices and golf industry related opinions. They have owned CK Golf Solutions for 5 years and provide marketing, social media and business services to the golf and other industries.