CK Golf Solutions Ltd. Blog
Vancouver Golf Tour 2013 Re-Cap
Marketplace IGA VANCOUVER GOLF TOUR
2013 YEAR IN REVIEW
Thanks to Vancouver Golf Tour Commissioner Fraser Mulholland for putting together a great review of the year that was for the Vancouver Golf Tour. Another great year by the Commish and his team!
A few stats from 2013:
- Total Pro Purse pay-outs: $275,000 Total Amateur Prizing: $150,000
- # Golfers that played VGT: 1,285 # Tournament Winners: 122
- # Tournaments played: 42 # Tournament Rounds: 61
- Most Tournaments Won by a Pro: 8 (Nick Taylor) Most Tournaments Won by an Amateur: 3 (Shane Jung, Gil Semet)
- Most events played by an Amateur: 21 (Gil Semet) Most events played by a Pro: 20 (Bryn Parry)
- Top stroke average Pros: 67.1 (Nick Taylor)
- Hazelmere’s Phil Jonas earns full status on EUROPEAN Senior Tour
- Abbotsford’s Adam Hadwin qualifies for FARMER’S INSURANCE OPEN on PGA TOUR
- VGT Announces launch of new MAJORS SERIES in May/June, to conclude with $100,000 VANCOUVER OPEN in June.
- VGT launches its 7th full season with the support of Title Sponsor MARKETPLACE IGA and all partner sponsors. Kevin Stinson wins 7th Annual BRAD GARSIDE OPEN Event!
- Matt Makinson/Matt Daniel crowned as Repeat Champions in CANADA BREAD BC Match Play
- Ryan Williams wins inaugural MAJORS SERIES Event at Sandpiper over Nick Taylor, Darren Wallace in playoff.
- Adam Cornelson wins $7,500 cheque; defeats Nick Taylor in 6-hole playoff at $35,000 WEST COAST GOLF GROUP sponsored event
- Nick Taylor Wins 5 consecutive VGT events; dominates VGT MAJORS & wins $18,500 plus a $3,500 Majors Bonus!
- Adam Hadwin qualifies for U.S. OPEN
- SAPUTO VANCOUVER OPEN hosts International field of 106 Pros & total field of 214. South Carolina’s Chris Epperson defeats Nick Taylor & Clark MacPherson in sudden death playoff
- Bryn Parry wins PGA Championship of Canada, earning #1 Ranked PGA Pro title & invite to RBC CANADIAN OPEN
- VGT partners with ZLC sponsored FIRST TEE of Greater Vancouver YMCA $Million Challenge; $59,000 raised for the FIRST TEE PROGRAM!
- A record 5 VGT Players played in RBC CANADIAN OPEN
- Web.com player Adam Hadwin excites fans by playing at Chilliwack Open; Bryn Parry defeats Hadwin in dramatic 4 hole playoff!
- Bryn Parry wins 31st Annual Hadassah Charity Wizo Pro-am – BC’s longest running Pro-am that has raised over $1Million for Charity since inception.
- Riley Wheeldon wins PGA TOUR Canada’s Syncrude Boreal Open, Ft. McMurray.
- Bryn Parry wins 3rd straight VGT event at Flora Aasen Memorial Alzheimer’s Pro-am at Richmond Country Club. Event has raised over $400,000 for Alzheimer’s Society of BC in 13 years!
- Riley Wheeldon gains status on WEB.COM from 2nd place finish on PGA TOUR Canada money list.
- Ryan Williams finishes Runner-up in PGA TOUR Canada’s Tour Championship
- Nick Taylor finishes 7th on PGA TOUR Canada money list with 3 top 5’s and 5 top 10’s; advances to final stage of WEB.COM Q-SCHOOL.
- Ryan Williams wins WOODLAND GOLF VGT Tour Championship
- Bryn Parry Wins CLEVELAND/SRIXON PRO Order of Merit Title for 6th Straight year; Chris Moore Wins CLEVELAND/SRIXON Amateur Order of Merit
- Nick Taylor tops overall money list (Regular season + Majors) with $30,000 in earnings including $5,000 in player bonuses, unprecedented 67.1 stroke average!
- VGT defeats Chilliwack Golf League in Inaugural ‘Ryder-Cup Style’ event
- VGT launches 3rd Winter Tour season presented by FENIX GOLF Apparel. Record attendance of 76 golfers at Chilliwack Golf Club.
- Six VGT players qualify for final stage of WEB.COM Q-School
- Nick Taylor, Roger Sloan, Riley Wheeldon earn Full Status on WEB.COM;
- 3 VGT players (Devin Carrey, Eugene Wong, Justin Shin) earn Conditional status on WEB.COM.
- Phil Jonas finishes T39th on European Senior Tour money list – Keeps full status for 2014
Congratulations to Fraser and the Vancouver Golf Tour team on a great year!!
PARTNERS & SPONSORS:
Title Sponsor: Marketplace IGA
Official Partners: Canada Bread | Paine Edmonds Lawyers | Johnston Meier Insurance | Cleveland Golf / Srixon | Nickel Heating & Ventilation | Woodland Golf | Saputo | Fenix Golf Apparel
Supporting Partners: Haywood Securities | Sonic Transport | Murchison, Thomson, Clarke Lawyers | Sonic Transport | Nestle’ | Engineered Bodies | Fresh St. Market | CNA | Saunders/Rogers Performance Golf Academy
For a Full List of our Sponsors: CLICK HERE
VGT Organizing Committee
Running a golf tour takes passionate individuals who are willing to dedicate their time in pursuit of the VGT mission statement which is to ‘Prepare Tomorrow’s Champions! The 2013 VGT Organizing Committee includes:
Holly Pearson – Financial Management & On-course set-up Mike West – Website Development; On-course set-up and multi-media
Helen Simpson – Player Communications & Registration Brian Small, Bill Schabes, Pat Johnson, – VGT Live Scoring Team
Al Morris, Peter McIvor – On-course Set-up; Live scoring Ruth Reeves, Roseanne McIndoe – Volunteer Co-ordinators, Live Scoring
Michael Cowhig; Jack Murray – Photography & Videography George Sterling – Course Set-up, Rules Official, Van Open Site #2 Team Leader
Scott Vannatter, Wayne & Rosalie May, Greg Moody, Chinami Hancock – Rules officials
Our volunteers are an integral part of the Tour and as such, we would like to thank all our volunteers who have graciously donated their time this year and specifically to all the volunteers from the McCleery Ladies Club during the Vancouver Open.
We look forward to another incredible year with all of you in 2014!!
Thanks again to all who keep making VGT a very special tour for our players!
Sincerely, Fraser Mulholland, Commissioner, VGT